Having two lactose intolerant individuals in my household has made for difficult meal planning at times. There have been many nights where I’ve had to make two meals, one for hubby and the older two, and another, dairy-free option for Ziggy and myself.
- 3 cups of Lactaid
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon
- I made the rice in my rice cooker. I transferred it to a saucepan with the Lactaid, sugar and salt to a boil. Lower heat; stir in raisins. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 -3 cups of sauce (depending upon how saucy you like it. I just used some leftover jarred sauce that I had)
- 1 container of Lactaid Cottage Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano, plus a little extra for sprinkling on top
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet with the minced garlic. Meanwhile, spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and line each cup with the wonton wrappers. (Next time I'll trim down the excess wonton wrappers so they don't get overly brown.)
- In a blender quickly mix the Lactaid cottage cheese and the egg. Add in Pecorino Romano, salt and pepper.
- Once the ground beef is browned, add sauce.
- Add a couple tablespoons of the cottage cheese mixture to each wonton wrapper. Cover that with a couple tablespoons of the sauce. Top with a sprinkling of your Percorino Romano.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.