Between picky eaters and dietary restrictions, dinner planning can be a tricky thing in my house. I love making Asian-inspired meals because I can make rice for almost everyone, and noodles for my non-rice eater.
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 c. soy sauce
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. brown sugar (packed)
- vegetable oil
- 2 Lb. flank steaks
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 3 large scallions (sliced into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 small package of mushrooms (sliced)
- Combine soy sauce, water, ginger in a bowl. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Slice the flank steak against the grain into 1/4 inch slices. Heat up oil in a wok (or skillet). Heat the oil over medium heat until its hot. Add the beef and garlic to the oil and saute so that it cooks evenly.
- Add the sauce, cook for 1 minute while stirring and add scallions and mushrooms. Cook for 1 more minute.
As I mentioned, I served it over rice and over noodles (for Ziggy!) Everyone loved it, and there were absolutely no leftovers!