Happy Holidays!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!
Being sick, I waited on baking and everything, feeling positive that I’d feel better after a day or two.  This lead to Christmas Eve being an insane rush of baking.  I didn’t get as much done as a normally do, by a long shot.  I still felt lousy, but had so much to do.  I baked and baked and baked.  I cleaned like crazy.  After 11pm, I started wrapping.  Seriously.  I was still baking too!  It was crazy.
I baked the Buche de Noel cake and it didn’t spread evenly in the pan, so the edges were crispy (I ended up trimming them off).  I made the filling and it was liquid.  I wanted to cry, and I think I did.  Luckily it did set up after hours of refrigeration, so I threw it together.  I didn’t finish everything up until after 2am.
Oh!  And before I put the kids to bed, Speed was running around like a mad man, and smashed into the end table.  I heard a bone chilling shriek and a sickening “crack”, then he was crying in agony on the floor.  I thought for sure he’d cracked a rib and I’d end up in the ER with all three kids on Christmas Eve.  Luckily, he’s okay.  There’s no bone where he hit, just squishy side.  He does have a painful bruise, but he’s okay.

Christmas morning, of course, the kids woke up bright and early.  Even the baby.  Luckily Hubby Man had gotten home earlier and had gotten a little sleep.  We made our way downstairs and GG made us coffee after the stockings were opened.
They had so much fun opening gifts, and were so happy with their loot.

We relaxed and got dressed and shortly thereafter my Dad, Stepmother and Step Sister showed up.  Round 2 began.  The kids got a bunch more great gifts that they love.  Before we could even get things cleared up and put away, my Mother in Law and her boyfriend showed up.  Round 3 was a lot of fun and the kids got SO much stuff.  They really made out like bandits, and I do not want to hear the words, “I’m bored” pass their lips a single time over the rest of winter vacation.

My Stepmother and MIL were so helpful with absolutely everything.  I was still not feeling well, and dealing with ear pain, and handling Bam who didn’t get his morning nap.  Also, since I am still breastfeeding, I haven’t consumed dairy in  quite some time.  Well, I ate a lot of dairy during the day and had a pretty bad stomachache.  (I actually did the same thing to myself on Thanksgiving).  Apparently dairy is out for me now as well.

All in all, it was a really great day.  I got to spend time with people who mean so much to me.

Today is a low key day.  The kids are all playing with new toys.  I’m playing with the kids and doing some laundry, and of course throwing out packaging materials and building toys!

I am truly blessed.

Share the Love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


WordPress theme: Kippis 1.15