I’ve long been debating doing a series of posts that you see around, you know, one of the 100 facts about me. I guess I’ll just jump in!
1. I cannot stand whistling. It does not make me happy and cheery. It actually makes me irrationally angry. I don’t know why. It’s like nails on a chalkboard for me. I am getting better at tolerating it though. I have to. GG often whistles, and Bam does this weird little whistle while he’s concentrating.
2. I have this crazy insane fear of driving. I didn’t drive for years. Seriously, I relied on others for rides. It all changed after having kids. I had to drive places. I still get twitchy sometimes. I have to have my route fully planned out, down to which lane I need to be in. if a lane it’s closed, it can throw me into a full blown panic attack. I’m not even sure where the fear came from, I got my license at 16 without major incident, in a major blizzard no less! Sure, on the way there I got stuck in a snow drift, but we still laugh about it.
3. When I was really young… Maybe 4 years old, I had wanted to be a police officer so that I could direct traffic. That’s all I wanted to do. I even got caught trying to practice more that a few times. Luckily I lived in a very small town and the streets were pretty dead.
4. I live near some incredible beaches, but I cannot stand sand, or salt water. The sand gets everywhere and into everything. The salt water makes my body all sticky. I do my best to tolerate them for the sake of my kids, but to me, beach day doesn’t mean fun and relaxation.
5. I have an addiction to ice water. It has to be a glass absolutely full of ice, topped off with some water. I actually have many glasses in random rooms. Ice gets melt-y and I never know when I’m going to get thirsty. I’ve thought about getting a mini fridge for the bedroom upstairs, so I can always have ice cold water. At bedtime, I tend to bring up one glass of ice water and a couple of glasses of ice. It melts and I still have ice water throughout the night. This is a little fact that drives my husband nuts.