To help you through your Monday, here are some funny tales from The Zig…
- My daughter and I have watched Big Brother over the summer. Apparently Ziggy has caught on to some of the action. As I prepared his oatmeal one morning, he told me, “If you make my oatmeal right, then you win the Power of Veto!”
- The boys were making a “movie”, which pretty much consisted of Speed telling Ziggy what to do and say, and recording it. At one point, they got the toy dinosaurs out, and Speed said, “Okay, now you say, ‘But dinosaurs are extinct!’”
Ziggy replied, “But dinosaurs are stinky!”
- Ziggy has been on an English Muffin kick lately. He enjoys them for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks. He can’t quite pronounce “English Muffin”, though, and says, “Agent Muppets”. It cracks me up too much to correct him.
- While eating an Agent Muppet snack the other day he looked me dead in the eye and told me, “When you die, it’s either going to be because of Agent Muppets or cows.”
- I hugged Ziggy and told him that I love him more than all the stars in the sky. He smiled at me and said, “Well, I love you more than all the poops you make.”
- We were watching tv, and a commercial for No-No came on. Ziggy asked what that was. I told him that it gets rid of hair. “Oh!” He gasped, “I think you’re hairy. You need that!”
- Ziggy was wearing only his underpants. He pulled them so far up in the back, that he gave himself a wedgie. He backed up to me and said, “Look, Mommy! Look what I found!”
I put my head in my hands and said, “Oh my glory, what on earth are you doing?”
He looked at me, with a truly heartbroken look on his face, and replied, “What? I found it just for you.”
Lately his thing is grabbing any unattended devices, be them smartphones, tablets, whatever, and dashing upstairs. He hides under my blankets and plays until someone notices that he’s gone and their phone or tablet is gone.